Canine Country Retreat
At Inn On The Twenty, we know that everything is more fun with your best friend! That's why we offer special suites accommodations to welcome both you and your canine travel companion. Our dog-friendly rooms make an ideal home-away-from-home, offering an attached garden and patio and plenty of space for your pooch to explore. When booking, please note that a full set of stairs is necessary to access the Vintage House Suite only.
To reserve a dog-friendly room for you and your housebroken and well-behaved canine companion, please mention that they will be travelling with you upon booking. These rooms are subject to availability, so early booking is strongly encouraged. Guests who arrive with a dog without having confirmed a dog-friendly room will be asked to find alternative accommodations for their dog during their stay.
Rules & Regulations
We ask that guests accompany their dogs at all times. Guests are responsible for controlling the noise made by your dog to prevent disturbing other guests. Excessive barking or howling causing a nuisance to guests may result in charges for lost revenue by the hotel, up to and including the cost of a guests stay. Owners must provide a contact phone number if they are to leave the dog(s) unattended in the room, in the event the animal becomes distressed.
If left unattended, dogs must be crated, in particular during housekeeping’s daily servicing of the room and for evening turndown service. This is to keep your dog safe, as well as to protect the safety of other guests and hotel staff. If your dog cannot be crated and remains loose in your room, you must have a 'Privacy Please' sign on the door, and your room will not be serviced. The hotel will not be responsible for your pet getting loose if you do not place the ‘Privacy Please’ sign outside your door.
For consideration to our staff, children, guests and other dogs, dogs must be on a leash at all times when not in your guest room, regardless of the perceived temperament of the dog. Dogs are not permitted in the Lounge, Restaurant, Spa or Health Club in accordance with Health Regulations. For consideration to our staff, children and other guests, you must immediately pick up after your dog. There will be bags provided for that in your room.
An additional housekeeping charge of $35 per dog per night applies. The Vintage House suite accommodates up to a maximum of two dogs; the Merritt & Moyer suites accommodate a maximum of one dog.
Provided For Your Pooch:
These rooms are furnished with a pet food mat, and clean food and water bowls. To make your pooch feel extra special, please enjoy the Doggie Welcome Basket, complete with treats, a few extra pick-up bags, towels, and blankets.
Our Guest Service Agents are always available to help you enjoy your stay. We are happy to recommend walking routes, or provide listings of local veterinarians, pet shops, or grooming salons, etc.
- Bring a sufficient supply of your dog's favourite brand of food and, if necessary, your dog's medication(s)
- Keep your pooch's health records handy
- Plastic bags for cleaning up during walks are a must!
- You may want to pack your pooch's grooming supplies
- Bring along one or two of your pooch's favourite toys
- Dogs must remain on a leash when outside of the suite
- Out of respect for our other guests, dogs are not permitted in the restaurant, or at the spa. Dogs may not be left in your suite without supervision unless crated; please note that crates are not provided
- Dog owners are responsible for cleaning up after dogs at all times
- Restricted breeds (as outlined by provincial law) are not permitted
- At the discretion of management, dog owners may be held liable for any irreparable damage caused to the furniture or flooring in their suite